1. When are the opening hours in NCU Library?Please reference to NCU Lib Opening Hours
1. What is the application condition and fee for Library Memberships and alumni card?（1）To apply for a Library Membership card, the minimum age requirement is 18, and should pay an annual fee for NT$2000 and NT$3000 for refundable deposit. The receipt should be taken good care of so that the deposit will be given back while returning the card. Library Membership Books Borrowing Regulation: http://www.lib.ncu.edu.tw/rule/weblibn.pdf
（2）For NCU alumni to borrow books, you can apply for the "Alumni Card" from the Alumni Division in the school. (Tel) 03-4227151#57043
(i) Library Membership Books Borrowing Regulation: http://www.lib.ncu.edu.tw/rule/weblibn.doc
(ii) NCU Alumni and Retirees Books Borrowing Regulation:
2. Can readers apply for the Alumni Card or Library Membership card at night or on the weekend?For the convenience of off-campus readers, the Information Desk provides the collection service. Since our staff needs to pay the money to Cashier Division in the office hours, the operating time is about 5 days.
3. What should I do to take my deposit back?Please fill in the "National Center Universitiy Library Application for Deposit Refund"(http://www.lib.ncu.edu.tw/DownLoad-Table/grid1040826-eng.pdf),
and return the library card and the receipt of deposit. If the receipt is lost, you need to fill in the "Lost Receipt of Deposit Affidavit"(http://www.lib.ncu.edu.tw/DownLoad-Table/lost20160314.pdf) additionally with signed and sealed, and the operating time is about a month.
Entering the Library
1. How can off-campus readers enter the library?Please register and exchange your credential into the visitor's card at the Information Desk. The credential can be ID card, driver's license, health insurance card with photo, passport, or Alien Resident Certificate student ID card.
2. Will the personal information wrote for visitor's card be let out?No. The form filled in when exchanging visitor's card will only be preserved for three months, after that, we will destroy all the expired forms, so please be at ease with that.
3. Can readers with visitor's cards bring bags and food into the library?Your bags are allowed to be brought, while your personal valuables should be taken care of on your own since the library is not responsible for their lost. Every reader is prohibited to bring food and drink into the library, or you will be dealt with as violation.
4. Does the library provide free lockers?The library has the temporary lockers at the 1F Information Desk. If necessary, you can register to use them. Personal valuables should be taken care of on your own since the library is not responsible for their lost.
5. What responsibility should a reader take if he or she lose or forget to return the visitor's card?(1) If the visitor's card is lost, you should pay NT$200 for the damage as the cost of production.
(2) If you do not return the visitor's card on the same day, you should pay NT$50 per day as a fine.
The library will issue the receipt for the fine above.
6. Can readers with "Interlibrary Loan card" or student ID cards of NYMU, NTHU, and NCTU enter the library directly?Readers with Interlibrary Loan cards or student cards of NTHU and NCTU and YMU are able to enter the library directly.
7. What are the reference rules of violation and punishment?Please reference the NCU Library Reading and Management Principle under "4. Enter the library":
1. How to set the personal password and change the e-mail address?The library has set default personal password for readers, please reference http://opac.lib.ncu.edu.tw/patroninfo
If you have any questions for setting password or changing e-mail address, please ask the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor of the General Library in person or call 03-4227151#57417, we are happy to provide our service.
2. What are the circulation rules and privileges for readers in every type? What is the meaning of Library OPAC system message?(1) For the circulation rules and privileges for readers, please reference http://www.lib.ncu.edu.tw/rule/RightsTable-cht.pdf
(2) For the meaning of Library OPAC system message, please reference http://opac.lib.ncu.edu.tw/screens/cat-mes.htm
3. How to renew books?(1) For operating process, please reference http://184.108.40.206/screens/help_renew.html
(2) Readers can renew books 7 days prior to the due date, and they are needed to meet these three requirements below:
(i) The reader doesn't have any expired book.
(ii) The reader's borrowing right is not blocked.
(iii) The book is not reserved by others.
4. Why can't I renew books successfully?(1) If the "material status" of the book is "circulating", you can take and borrow the book from the bookshelf directly.
(2) The book has been expired or you renew the book too early (the book can only be renewed 7 days prior to the due date).
(3) The book is reserved by others.
(4) The renewal is up to times (students and faculties have 3 times, UST the credit courses, Institute for Information Industry, Library Membership and alumni have 1 time).
(5) Interlibrary Loan is not allowed to renew books.
If you have any question, please call #57417, we are happy to provide our service.
5. How to reserve books?Please reference http://opac.lib.ncu.edu.tw/screens/help_prefsearch_cht.html
6. What are the related rules of borrowing books?Please reference http://www.lib.ncu.edu.tw/serborr.php
7. When can I borrow a book with the "material status" being "waiting to be shelved" or the location is "displaying at General Library 1F - New Books Display Shelf"?If you are hurry to get the "waiting to be shelved" books, you can ask our staff at Circulation Desk to help you take them. Generally, it takes about 3 days to completely shelf books. As for the "displaying at General Library 1F - New Books Display Shelf" books, you can borrow them directly.
8. What can I do if the "material status" of a book is "circulating", but it cannot be found in the library?Please use the "Finding Books System"(https://cir.lib.ncu.edu.tw/findbook/)
and follow the explanation to fill in the form so that the service will be started.
9. Can off-campus people borrow books?To give service to people living near NCU in Taoyuan County and faculty of schools in various levels, we have:
(1) Library Membership Books Borrowing Regulation: http://www.lib.ncu.edu.tw/rule/weblibn.doc
(2) NCU Library and Schools in Various Levels in Taoyuan County Library Cards Exchanging Regulation: http://www.lib.ncu.edu.tw/rule/900531cir13n.doc Through the ways above, you will be able to borrow books from the library.
10. What libraries can NCU students borrow books from?
1. How to apply for the Study Carrels?
1. Where is the Reading Room in school? Who are the service objects? What are the opening hours?(1) The Reading Room is on the 2nd floor of Zhong-Zheng Library, which is located behind the General Library.
(2) Since the reading seats are limited, the service objects are students in NCU only, and they can enter the Reading Room with their student ID cards. Faculty and dependents are not able to enter it.
(3) In the semester, the opening hours are 08:00~23:00 from Monday to Sunday; as for summer and winter vacation, the opening hours will be arranged separately. In the week of examination, the Reading Room is open 24 hrs.
Readers Photocopying Service
1. Where can I buy the "copy card"? What is the price of it? Is it necessary to buy the "copy card" to photocopying?(1) The copy card can be bought at the 1F Information Desk.
(2) The price and point of the copy card:
The copy card is disposable so it cannot be deposited. The fee of a copy card is NT$100 and have 140 points in it. A4 or B4 size photocopying costs 1 point per page, and A3 costs 2 points per page.
(3) It is not necessary to buy the "copy card" if you just want to copy a few pages. You can borrow the card from our staff at the 1F Information Desk and pay NT$1 per page (A3 size will double the price).
2. What is the way of copying? Will there a specific person service for me? Where is the copying machine?(1) To provide the readers copying service, the library has rent 4 copying machine from the manufacturer and provide readers with self-service copying.
(2) Since our staff is limited, there are three copy machines set on the 1st floor (and one set on the 2nd floor of Zhong-Zheng Library), 2nd floor, 7th floor, and 8th floor will not set the copy machine.
3. If I have some advices about copying, what should I do?If you have any advice or reflection, it is welcome to contact the library directly (Tel) 03-4227151#57429 or #57436, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
• partial copy
• single-piece copy
• non-profit purposes copy
Please "use legally" and "do not illegal infringement" when photocopying, or you may conflict with the law.
For more information, please see "Readers of NCU Libraries Photocopying Remarks".
last updated date:2017.4.28